Electric EV Solar Car Charger Installation
Electric Vehicle Charger Points are becoming a familiar sight in streets and car parks across the UK, to support the growing electric vehicle network.
There are three main categories of electric vehicle (EV) charge-point:
- Slow for home charging (typically 16amp, 3.6KW or 7KW).
- Fast for destination charging (typically 3phase, 32amp 7, 11 or 22KW).
- Rapid for on-route charging (AC or DC, 63amp to 125amp, 43KW to 120KW and higher).
Commercial requirements for either staff or customer use are likely to be for fast chargers, where users will be parked for some time or just need to top-up their car before their onward journey. Currently, rapid charging is most commonly found at motorway services or close to main roads – but petrol stations are also starting to deploy rapid charger stations, and it won’t be long before they are positioned elsewhere too.
We would love to discuss the unique needs and use case of your business. That’s why we offer free, no obligation site surveys to provide you with the information you need to make the best decision for your company. We can create detailed ‘future-proof’ deployment plans to prepare a phased approach to harnessing clean, renewable electricity and supplying it to the electric vehicle market efficiently and cost-effectively. With attractive financing options, you could potentially add large scale solar energy generation arrays with no upfront cost to your business. With Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), you can have the framework in place to make the electricity generated pay for the installation itself. Contact us today to find out more about this exciting way of bringing the latest technologies to your business.
Portable Electric Vehicle Charger Points
With electric vehicle (EV) chargers currently being ‘retrofitted’ into position, much of the cost of deployment comes in the associated civil engineering works for foundations and to get power to the charge-points. When installing solar carports at the same time, this civil engineering is shared and therefore more cost-effective. Portable EV Chargers points can be mounted on solar carport frames rather than being free-standing with their own foundations, and future provision can be made for further deployment as demand for electric car charging increases too. A service provider may charge an electric vehicle at a rate of one mile per minute using Portable Electric Vehicle Chargers equipment.
How to choose an electric vehicle charge-point manufacturer:
Booming interest in solar power generation has created a rapidly growing market and it’s not a surprise to see a number of options on the market. Here we outline the top installation considerations to help guide your decision-making process:
- When choosing Solar EV Charging Point manufacturers, it is important to understand current requirements for the site and assess possible future expansion. To get technical, at a dedicated 32 amps per phase per socket, there will be a limit to how many charge-points can be connected to a supply if they do not have load management capability. This is often a key point of discussion in our consultation stage -detailed figures for today’s needs alongside accurate predictions for future growth and expansion.
- For high footfall, public access sites we may be able to offer free installation and maintenance of charge-points with the costs recouped through the sale of electricity to charge-point users. This makes investment in the latest technology across your business an extremely attractive option where the budget doesn’t currently allow for large scale deployments.
- Aesthetics are a key consideration too. It might be a surprise to learn that charge-points can often be designed and branded to specific customer requirements depending on the numbers required. Aftermarket wrapping of off-the-shelf components can also be discussed to bring a pop of colour to your installation or match the chargers to your company branding or colours.
Our fully bespoke design process and integrated approach to creating projects to match the needs of a wide range of businesses put FlexiSolar at the forefront of solar power generation in the UK. By creating unique solutions, we can ensure the most efficient deployment across the installation, from the structural design to the panels and battery banks. Our leading position as suppliers of EV charging points gives us access to the best prices across the market, a benefit we can put into use when creating cost-effective deployment plans for your company.
The British Government have committed to ending petrol and diesel internal combustion road vehicle sales by 2030. In order to reach that target, the existing network of EV charging points will need to be rapidly expanded. By creating a hub of solar powered EV charging points, you bring customers to your business to access your charging capability. This can be both a direct revenue stream through income generated by dispensing paid-for charges, as well as the passive benefit of driving footfall to your business and awareness of your offering.
Contact our experienced team today to discuss the latest breakthroughs in EV charging capability built on attractive and hard-wearing bespoke structures installed by FlexiSolar.